The Firm Part 1: Deja Vu


Question: Are you going to give more insights of The Firm?
Answer: I'm not too sure. Should I?

The Firm has been a significant part of my life for the past 6 months. I've made a handful of good friends; I've probably offended a few as well. No hard feelings though; I've come to terms with the fact that it's all part and parcel of life.

While I was driving along Jalan Tun Razak late this evening, my eyes caught a glimpse of a very familiar image from a distance. As I got closer, I noticed the above image on a giant billboard, and my first immediate sentiment was:

"Hey! I've got WINGS."

It was an euphoric moment for me as my mind flashed back to the very day I went for the first video interview during the preliminary stages of The Firm; all the way back in January. Like myself, there were many awaiting, and I still remember one of the hopefuls I met; he had just resigned from his job and seemed to be pretty demotivated, slurring the gist of why he left his previous job to me (in disgust, really). Fret not though, he's alright now. I met him during one of my meetings in Mindshare a few weeks back. He's a creative account manager there. He'll be there for, well, a while.

Few weeks after the interview (still hopeful) my chances of being accepted into The Firm seemed to be slipping away, until I received a phone call from Kim, Popiah Pictures.

The conversation which entailed went something like this.

"Hello, is this Joel?"

"Yes, that's me."

"You've been shortlisted as one of the final candidates for The Firm. Can you come in the following week for a briefing session?"

The rest was history. Beaming with joy, it dawned upon me what this meant: I've taken my first step to realize my dreams.

(to be continued)

5 comments:

  1. What's next?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be reviewing my experience in The Firm by parts. Stay tune and you might find out internal insights of the show. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joel..

    You've done very well in each and every task. Congratulations! Can you give us an insight story on how you managed to do well in the tasks, especially the flea market challenge.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My god.. all these while u didn't know that u hv always have a pair of wings on those billboard? hahahahha....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Didn't know where those billboards were. I think they've taken it down now.

    ReplyDelete